We try to collect our fee as part of the gift card sale (where possible), but sometimes this is not possible.

In situations where we cannot take our fee during the transaction, we will ask you to attach a card to your Gift Up! account to cover our fees.
 

On Pay-as-you-Go plans & where PayPal is connected

TLDR: You need to add a card to your Gift Up! account

We are unable to collect our fee during the PayPal transaction, so you get paid 100% of the revenue immediately. We then raise an invoice for our 3.49% fee at the end of your monthly billing cycle, so you may want to add card details to your Gift Up! account to have your fees paid automatically.
 

On Pay-as-you-Go plans & where Stripe is connected

TLDR: You do NOT need to add a card to your Gift Up! account

We collect our 3.49% fee automatically during payment, just as Stripe does. You get paid the remaining 96.51% balance of the revenue into your Stripe account immediately. We do not withhold funds at all and you do not need to enter card details to pay our fees; we take care of it all as part of the gift card sale.
 

On Paid Annually plans

TLDR: You need to add a card to your Gift Up! account (to pay for your plan!)

On our paid plans, you pay once per year and that should cover all your fees for the year in the plan allocation. If you do go over the allocation, you'll be charged a fee (albeit lower than our Pas-as-you-Go rates).

Did this answer your question?