When your customers buy a gift card (either for themselves, or as a gift to someone else), we send an email to them depending on the options they selected during checkout:
Here's what it looks like:
You get to control a few things with the email, notably:
- The logo
- The from address & from name in the email
- The signature underneath the gift card
- The subject line
- The first line of text
This means when customers buy a gift card they get an email that looks and feels like you sent it, not us.
What emails get sent?
We send different emails depending on the options selected during purchase:
If the customer buys a gift for someone else & elects to send it to the recipient
- We send the gift card to the recipient (with no purchase values/cost in it at all)
- We send a receipt to the purchaser (with a copy of the gift card)
If the customer buys a gift card for someone else & elects to send it to themselves
- We send a receipt to the purchaser's email address only along with the gift card(s) they bought
If the customer buys a gift card for themselves as a credit
- We send a receipt to the purchaser's email address only along with the gift card(s) they bought. The wording in the email changes to not insinuate they bought it as a gift and instead bought it for themselves.