If you have a Stripe.com payments account, you can connect it to Gift Up! and we will take payments using your Stripe account.
You get paid for every sale in full straight away to your Stripe balance, which will then be automatically paid out to your nominated bank account within 7 days (2 days in the US).
With our Stripe integration we support all major debit / credit cards, Apple Pay and Google Pay, iDEAL, Bancontact, Giropay, EPS, Multibanco, Przelewy24, Alipay & WeChat payments.
Please note that Stripe is a payment processor, your Stripe account cannot be used to accept gift cards in your platform. To accept Gift Up! gift cards in your platform/system/checkout etc... you'll have to connect that separately to Gift Up!
Authorize Gift Up! to take payments using your Stripe account:
1) Log in to your Gift Up! dashboard, browse to https://giftup.app/integrations and click "Connect" in the Stripe card
2) Login to your Stripe account. If you do not have a Stripe account yet, you can create one easily by clicking the "Sign up" link https://dashboard.stripe.com/register.
3) Head over to Developers > API Keys in your Stripe dashboard https://dashboard.stripe.com/apikeys
4) Copy / paste the "Publishable key" & "Secret key" (highlighted above) into Gift Up! and click "Connect". That's it! We'll now take payments for your gift cards using your Stripe account.
Common questions with our Stripe integration
1) Is 3D Secure/SCA supported for card payments?
Yes it is. Our Stripe integration fully supports 3D Secure payments where cards require ie. We are also fully compliant with the upcoming EU PSD2/SCA Legislation that requires ALL card payments within the EU to be verified using 3D Secure V2.
2) Can I limit Gift Up!'s access to my Stripe account?
Absolutely. instead of giving us your general API key, you can create a restricted one, which means we'll only have the access we need (which is taking payments for you). Here's how to do it:
Click " Create restricted key" in the API Keys section and create a key with the following properties...
- Gift Up! (or anything else you like!)
- Charges (Write permission)
- PaymentIntents (Write permission)
- Sources (Write permission)
- Webhook Endpoints (Write permission)
- Apple Pay Domains (Write permission) if you want to accept payment via ApplePay
Once you've clicked "Create key" (highlighted above), you'll need to copy the keys into Gift Up! as per the normal instructions.
The "Standard" Publishable key goes into the "Publishable key" field in Gift Up!
The "Restricted" key goes in the "Secret key" field in Gift Up!